I wanna know how meal kit service preserve their food (steak) so that I can freeze my cooked stir fried for 1-2 weeks

Does anyone know how meal kit service (Blue Apron, Home Cook, etc) preserve their cooked food? How do they preserve steak dinner when cooked steak is literally impossible to freeze? I'm trying to find out how to preserve cooked food (specifically stir-fried food) for long period of time (10-20 days) so that I only need to use a microwave when having to eat. I'm trying to minimize or eliminate the daily use of stove with pots/pan and oven because this takes a lot of time and labor.

While I know some cooked food is better at being frozen than other (meat with lots of fats, stew/soup with lots of liquid, dishes with sauces, essentially anything that is liquidy), I wanna find out if there is anyway i can freeze stir fried dishes with rice. I am an Asian so my desire for stir fried food and rice is extreme, yet none of these seem preservable for more than 3-7 days.

I learn that vacuum sealed is one good way, but can i vacuum seal a stir fried dish for 10-20days? Would stir fried pork and chicken work better than beef?

Please help an Asian to meal-prep.

submitted by /u/ld_inh_uong
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3zJWXRR

Comments