How on earth do I consistently cook over easy eggs without breaking the yolk?

For the life of me, I cannot consistently cook eggs over easy without breaking yolks. It has ruined so many breakfasts for me that I cannot count them.

I have tried tapping my eggs on a flat surface to break them without sending shells into the yolk, this doesnt make a statistical difference.

When I tap them this way, they either dont break enough to break the membrane that allows the egg to exit, or do, but then shatters the yolk in the process.

When I do manage to get a clean break with a solid yolk, the act of flipping the egg seems to also break the yolk.

I have tried waiting until its almost entirely cooked through to the other side (sunny side over easy anyone?), confirmed that the egg is not stuck to the pan at all, and yet about 50% of my 50% good eggs then break the yolk in this step.

What the heck am I doing wrong? How do I consistent crank out over easy eggs without wasting half my supply, or eating shitty "scrambled" eggs?

submitted by /u/JamieOvechkin
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3j7AcAt

Comments