Clear Glazes and or Brûlée

Unfortunately I cannot add a picture or video which would help a lot so bear with me and try to imagine this properly. Inspired by Reynold Poernomo I decided to give the whole sphere desert with mousse and some type of coulis or caramel a try but with a twist. I wanted to create a “dark side of the moon” type of feel and so I did a dark chocolate mousse and hid some raspberry coulis inside and coated it with tempered white chocolate. I did half a sphere only and the idea was to plate it so that the white round side is on the bottom and the brown flat side is facing you at an angle. I did not like the exposed mousse and did not want to add tempered dark chocolate either, so I attempted to add sugar and go at it with a torch until it was clear and hard. As you can imagine this began melting the chocolate on the outside and the mousse became runny and everything just looked terrible in the end.

SO, does anyone have a recommendation for a glaze or alternatively a method by which I can attach melted clear sugar to the bottom of the dessert without ruining it?

submitted by /u/Necessary-Jelly
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://www.reddit.com/r/AskCulinary/comments/osweh5/clear_glazes_and_or_brûlée/

Comments