Storing things normally ok at "room temp", but my house is usually 78-83F

I am frugal with how cool I keep my house and air conditioner usage. I've quit work to go back to school, so I have a good reason. I do use fans to at least stir up the air and have become fairly tolerant of this temp range. Any warmer and I turn on AC (I live in a warm climate in California).

Things that are normally fine at 68-76-ish degrees F on the shelf may not be ok at 78-83 degrees F.

Do you have a top 5 or top 10 list you want to jot down of food items that absolutely will not last at this higher temp in my pantry unsealed, that would normally be ok at the lower temp range? Don't list wine, I already know this. :) Thanks peeps. I would like to preserve what I have and not ruin my food, but also don't want to crowd my fridge unnecessarily.

submitted by /u/analogpursuits
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3wVFjcR

Comments