How to improve my home made redneck curry?

So first, I’m American in rural Texas. Not s Chef or even doing the majority of our cooking. Didn’t grow up eating or cooking curry, but had a bit of it with traveling. Fell in love with curry flavors. Online recipes are so overwhelming I kinda just started winging it. I like to have vegetarian curry when I make it Just to take a break from meat since the flavor is good even without. I half ass followed recipes but went rogue a couple times. This one was good but I want to make it better(with available ingredients). The veggies are from our garden and got powder at the local Asian market(Thai brand maybe?). Here’s what I did

Simmered

3 tbs curry powder blend, Fresh coriander, Onion, Turmeric, Cinnamon (rogue), Garlic, Oil,

Added Bullion after spices (seen it online before but probably qualifies as rogue also),

Added coconut milk and my veggies which were cabbage, sweet pepper, cauliflower.

Simmered until it thickened a bit.

I liked the taste but is there something I’m missing out on? The market also has fresh ginger which I considered for next time. Thanks

submitted by /u/rtylr06
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/363BKFD

Comments