How to bake pancakes on an induction hob? And chicken?

We got a new kitchen with an induction hob instead of gas. My wife and I were both used to cooking on gas, and we expected a smooth transition. It was not. We make passable meals, we (used to) enjoy cooking, but some things we can't seem to get right, and the top 2 are:

We can't bake a decent pancake. On gas, with the crappiest (not crepiest, sorry couldn't resist) pan I could make a nice pancake, but on induction it just doesn't seem to work.

Small cubes of chicken: on gas, fry 'm high, simmer low, good on the outside, soft and delicious on the inside; doesn't seem to work for us, we get them well done but dried out in the middle.

We have a demeyere wok which seems to work okay (just can't get the chicken right), and a creuset baking pan, heavy cast iron with enamel on the inside. I contacted creuset and can only heat it on a low setting, it does get warm, but pancakes don't get that fried appearance, they just simmer till they're done. I have the feeling the pan is not the right one for the job.

So I'm looking for tips. And hope. Has anyone made a decent pancake on induction? Do I need different gear, the creuset might not be the right choice. Can I get tender chicken cubes on induction?

submitted by /u/MrSwirlyPants
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3xWaapO

Comments