How do you deal with all the jars of things you need to keep in your refrigerator?

I like to cook "authentically" (whatever that means) from lots of different cultures. So I buy a lot of ingredients. I'm not sure when I'm going to use the pomegranate molasses and rose water again, but they can just sit in the pantry.

The problem is that most of my fridge is full of various things that take up valuable real estate. So, so much stuff. Doubanjiang, jerk sauce, capers, sambal, harissa, bacon grease, sun dried tomatoes, gochujang. I could go on, but I don't want to get up and actually check the fridge now.

I have a dorm fridge and chest freezer downstairs. The dorm fridge doesn't really work for much but drinks, so it gets ignored. I could and have put stuff in there, but I also get inspired when I see the ingredients.

Does anyone have a strategy? They just take up so much space so inefficiently.

submitted by /u/greem
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3y0g8WA

Comments