Cast Iron Cornbread Pan Brownies

Hi everyone! This is my first post ever on Reddit so please be gentle. I'm certain this topic has been posted somewhere on here but I haven't had any luck finding the info.

Issue: We recently inherited a beautiful cornbread cast iron skillet. We have made every cornbread variation we can think of but lately my heart is set on BROWNIES.

I bought a box of mix (we can tackle that issue later) but I'm wondering about the best way to make these all-edge, sure to be the best brownies ever, brownies with a cast iron skillet.

Question: From what I've seen online, I should preheat the pan. How long should I preheat? I've seen butter and oil used...wondering if butter would burn? Do I shorten/lengthen baking time or keep as is suggested on the box? Do I go by suggested cooking temp on box or do I need to account for the pan holding onto the heat much more than a regular metal baking pan??

We love our other cast iron skillets but other than cornbread and cobbler, I've never really baked in one... So any advice/tips/tricks etc would be helpful! TIA

submitted by /u/kimchiandcupcakes
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3dlVlVA

Comments