Are hard anodized pans "disposable" like other non-stick pans?

Hi, I have several All-Clad HA1 nonstick hard anodized pans that I've used lightly over the last two years. I'm planning a cross-country move and weighing whether it's worth bringing them along, or if I should give them to friends.

I've commonly read that we should think of non-stick pans as essentially "disposable" because the coating will inevitably wear down. Would you say the same applies to this kind of non-stick pan, or do hard anodized non-stick pans have a longer shelf life?

For background, All-Clad describes them as "Made from heavy-gauge, hard-anodized aluminum coated with 3 layers of a safe PFOA-free nonstick material."

Grateful for any insight. Thank you!

submitted by /u/cats_cats-cats_cats
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3x57YMA

Comments