Mustard seeds - Differences in taste between yellow, brown, and black?

I'm trying to play around with making mustards and am trying to make one I like. My first mustard was made with all black (I do a lot of Indian cooking) seeds and it was delicious. I just finished soaking a pure yellow and tasted it before blending and got an overwhelming taste of American yellow mustard. I know there's a variance in heat (yellow -> brown -> black) but didn't realize there's a taste difference as well. Could someone more knowledgable describe the taste differences between yellow, brown, and black seeds so I have a better understanding when I try to make a mix? I haven't played around with brown seeds and have a limited understanding of yellow.

submitted by /u/lamphibian
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3vsGqQs

Comments