Help modifying a Bundt cake recipe to be slightly more moist (baking % included)

Here is the recipe. I’ve used it forever, and I love the taste, but it’s slightly dry. I always bake to 205f and it already uses a simple syrup.

Id love to add some buttermilk as I’ve been loving cakes with buttermilk recently.

Any idea what % and when to add it? Should I add a different liquid?

Also, sense I want the tang as well from the buttermilk, should I remove the baking soda and replace with powder? Baking soda neutralizes acid, correct?

Dry, sifted: * 285g cake flour 100% * 5g salt 1.76% * 1/3 tsp baking soda * 3/4 tsp baking powder

Sugar zest mix: * 465 sugar 163% * 3 tsp orange zest * 1.5 tsp lemon * .5 tsp lime zest

Stand mixer, beat 2-3 min on med * 227g, 8oz creme cheese 79% * 339g butter 119% Gradually add sugar and beat on high for 4 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add * 225g eggs, 4.5 large 79%
* 2 tsp vanilla Mix dry. Bake 350 about 1 hour.

submitted by /u/Calxb
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3bYOeC2

Comments