Kitchen newb with anxiety ... Some dumb questions about raw steaks.

I think I know the answers but this will put my mind at ease.

I got 15 steaks and I wanted them packed in three sets of 5, but they came with all 15 wrapped up together on a giant styrofoam banana boat thing.

I plan to freeze all 15 asap.

I like them in packs of 5 because I then freeze 5 at a time over the course of the day, leaving the remaining packs in the fridge

I feel like if I were to freeze all 15 steaks at once ,that's like 20 pounds of meat in the freezer and it would drop the whole freezer temp and possible spoil the other stuff that's in there.

But when I cut open the banana boat I can only reseal it with saran wrap as well as possible, but there's lots of air pockets in there.

So, my plan is to open the banana boat, take out 5 steaks, individually wrap, then throw them in the freezer for maybe 30 mins. Then put those 5 back in the fridge and be satisfied they're plenty cold and didn't get warmer than fridge temp.

Then do the same for another 5.

Then the last 5 I'll leave in the freezer.

Tomorrow I'll gradually transfer the 10 from the fridge to the freezer.

Also, I plan to double wrap them all, but then I worry if they weren't cold enough that I'll trap in the heat.

Tl;Dr I'm obviously f---ing nuts, did any of this make sense at all? I do have a sensitive stomach and dread diarrhea.

submitted by /u/23blackjack23
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3gHuh5U

Comments