What is this green tea "flavor" I'm looking for?

It's time for me to replenish my stockpile of green tea. I know exactly what I'm looking for, but I don't know what the name is.

It's green tea with a flavor that I can only describe as... fresh. It's not minty, just fresh. Think of the Japanese genmaicha, and then imagine the opposite: genmaicha has a dull, heavy, almost savory flavor that's pretty much the inverse of what I'm looking for.

It's not something added to the tea, it's a flavor that the tea leaves have. Maybe it's a special way of preparing or drying them, I dunno.

Probably for many people this is just "green tea". But I've seen some brands that lack this fresh flavor. I want to avoid that.

If the tea has that flavor, in addition to just drinking it plain, some combos you could use it for (like green tea lemonade) taste just awesome.

Does anyone know what I'm trying to describe here?

submitted by /u/florinandrei
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3uck053

Comments