My lamb tastes like the scent of manure...?

So I've only tried making lamb a few times, but every time, it comes out as an inedible mess, tasting of manure. Like, the smell you get from a barnyard? That's how it tastes. Really strongly.

No matter how I cook it or what I season it with, it always tastes like barnyard waste. Most places I've tried lamb end up tasting similar, but not nearly as strongly.

I feel like I have to be doing something wrong; there's no way that it's supposed to taste like literal manure. What am I doing wrong, or how do I prevent that taste? (Am in the US, if that makes a difference -- I know our beef sometimes tends to taste different because of how it's fed -- but I had the same problem while living in the UK. Am I just buying really bad meat?)

submitted by /u/AgentDrake
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/2NVjnx8

Comments