I can't figure out whether my chocolate is tempered or not

I tempered some couverture chocolate with the seeding method to make chocolate sticks for garnishing.

When i tested the chocolate with parchment and when i piped it out, it set quickly, no streaks, with gloss and if i press a finger into it, it comes away clean.

If i break the sticks with my hand there is a snap, sort of. I can toss them around and they hold there shape.

But if i bite into them the texture is quite soft, not really that pronounced, loud snap or crunch you get when you bite into the chocolate straight from the bag for example.

So i can't decide/tell if its tempered or not.

It seems like it is, but it seems to be lacking that snap, at least in terms of mouthfeel.

submitted by /u/fozz179
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3wh5ryY

Comments