Can you mix eggless fruit curd and stabilized whipped cream to make a mousse-like filling for a cake? Would it be stiff enough for a 7 layer cake?

I am thinking about making stabilized whipped cream (either with gelatin or skim milk powder - I haven’t decided yet) and folding it into some fruit curd (made without eggs) to make a filling for a cake. My two concerns are:

  1. What ratio of curd to whipped cream should I use?

  2. Would this be thick enough to support a 7 layer cake?

All of the recipes I’ve found for passion fruit mousse and guava mousse call for eggs, but I can’t use eggs so it’s a bit of a challenge. I have seen some recipes for mango and strawberry mousse, but they call for mixing pureed fruit to stabilized whipped cream. The quality of the fruit I am using is not the best where I live and I was hoping to use 100% juice (that I will turn into a curd) instead of pureeing whole fruit.

Thanks in advance for any help!

submitted by /u/pleiadesifyouplease
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/31nsU3l

Comments