Am I resting my meat wrong?

Recently I cooked some pork chops and im just wondering if im doing something wrong with my resting process, it's not necessarily super dry, but not as juicy as I thought it would be.

These pork pieces were brined overnight and when it was time to cook them I patted them dry beforehand. Then I seared them both sides and baked them to 155 Fahrenheit. I then took them out the oven and let them rest for about 7 minutes. When I took one to eat, I noticed that there is a good amount of juices in the makeshift foil container that I baked them in.

Now again, the meat wasn't super dry but not as juicy as I expected. I just ended up dipping the meat in some of the juices to compensate. So im just wondering if this is normal or if I did something wrong with my resting process.

submitted by /u/Daimaz
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/39kMX6Y

Comments