Wok users with flat top electric stoves, what do your woks look like and how do they perform?

I’ve been using an old non-stick wok on an electric range for a few years and I’ve been looking at buying a carbon steel wok to get away from non-stick coatings and maybe faster cooking. I have heard all sorts of things about how to keep your wok working great but the overwhelming amount of advice seems to suggest that a gas range is necessary otherwise you can’t season properly and you get a wobbly wok. I want to know if people get by just fine with an electric range without huge amounts of maintenance.

Something tells me there’s a lot of perfectionism out there (right oil, right heat source, right wok, right temps, etc.) but I do hear from time to time that wok cooking can work pretty good on an electric stove too.

So, regular carbon steel wok users with electric stoves (if you’re out there), please lend me some confidence with your experience and maybe a pic or description of how it’s going? Thanks!

submitted by /u/ccmdub
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3kwtZOX

Comments