What can I do to add more flavor to fried chicken and how do I make sure it gets completely cooked but not dry out?

Hi I recently made fried chicken for dinner and it lacked in flavor in the coating. I use flour mixed with a good amount of seasoning salt to keep it simple. But for some reason the coating keeps turning out like its not seasoned enough and I find it hard to get the skin on the chicken a nice golden brown it always turns out a sand color thats slightly golden but not quite. What I do is roll it in egg wash coat it in the seasoned flower and then pop it in the already heated up to temperature deep fryer plus a few times since I've been making it I've had to pop it into the air fryer because it was under cooked. So I'm wondering what can I do to improve on the way I make and coat my chicken and add more flavor. I also use the same thing when I make pork bites and steak bites and I find the same thing happens to them even though I season the meat and the coating generously. So any advice would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/GamerGirlCentral
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3aPU48o

Comments