Vanilla I bought tastes only of bourbon

I went to a country market recently and I saw this nice looking bottle of vanilla extract made with bourbon and I thought it would be fancy, you know, like if I don't want to use my other vanilla I could use this slightly differently flavored vanilla.

I'm making cookies today and I open up the bottle and smell it, and it only smells of bourbon, and I give it a taste, only of bourbon too. Maybe it was supposed to come with some vanilla beans in it? I don't think I can return it because I don't have the receipt anymore. Can I salvage it? Maybe I can add some of the other vanilla extract to it to make it taste like vanilla+bourbon? Would it be worth buying vanilla bean pods instead to put in it? Though I think the same effect would be to just buy some Jack Daniels and putting some vanilla beans in it. Maybe the maker just didn't leave the vanilla in it long enough to have an effect? Or am I just somehow not tasting the hidden vanilla in this? I absolutely do not want my cookies to taste like bourbon right now.

Here's a picture of the two vanilla extracts I have https://imgur.com/a/sHeagvd The right one being the one that only tastes of bourbon.

submitted by /u/may825
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3oyjCKR

Comments