Ruhlman's Ratio and Banana Bread

Hi,

Just want to begin by thanking the community, there's such an incredible wealth of information on this sub and it's definitely helped me improve my cooking.

One of my favourite things to make is Banana Bread.

I've been reading Ruhlman's Ratio and the ratio suggested for a quick bread is 2 flour: 2 liquid: 1 egg: 1 butter. When it comes to banana bread most recipes have half the amount of egg than what is suggested in the ratio and no liquid.

Is that because the crushed bananas are considered a liquid ? So if i wanted to try cooking with the ratio I would use equal parts banana and flour ? Let's say that I wanted to use maple syrup as a sweetener, would that factor into the liquid portion ?

Thanks !

submitted by /u/Massive-Collar5628
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/36lm2q1

Comments