Question about making duck proscuitto

I have a fresh duck to deal with and I am proposing to make duck prosciutto from the breasts. Mostly because I've seen a couple of posts and recipes on here recently and I am salivating as I type this! I've looked up a couple of recipes and most of them suggest that after the curing, the breast should be hung in the fridge in muslin. But I also saw one recipe which only suggested that you need to wrap the cured breast in a clean tea towel and put in the fridge.

Any advice on the issue of whether the breast needs to be hung, or can I just place it on a rack? And I presume the wrapping prevents the surface from drying out faster than the interior - is this correct and will a tea towel wrap be OK rather than muslin?

submitted by /u/Important_Fruit
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3crg7DF

Comments