How to avoid charring sausage with a stainless steel pan?

Hello!

I was cooking some sausage in a stainless steel pan and I'm a bit concerned that I charred it? I used a little under a tbsp of avocado oil, and medium-low heat.

I find sausage particularly difficult to rotate properly, and I think I may have left one of them too cook too long on one side leading to possible charring? I'm not fully sure how to tell if it's charred or if its toasty.

Anyway I just had heard that you're not supposed to eat meat that's charred so I figured I'd ask here.

(As an aside, I ended up cooking peppers and onions in the same pan after the sausage, using the fat, and those were great--although maybe I should be worried about sausage char ending up on those!?!?).

submitted by /u/beatlesboy67
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3qXjHJU

Comments