Boiling chicken before cooking?

Before sticking it in the oven or deep frying it, I throw my drumsticks in the pot to boil.... is this an okay method? I've been happy with the results before but I'm curious if its actually a good method. The main reason why I've been doing this is to absolutely ensure that the entire meat is cooked through since my dad is a kidney transplant patient and he absolutely cannot have anything raw.

If a recipe calls for baking, I'm assuming I can cut the time in half since I've boiled them before hand and its already cooked? Or should I still stick to the time in the recipe (IE 20-25 mins one side, flip, 15-20 mins on other)?

Would adding vegetables to the boiling water yield more flavour?

If a recipe calls for an overnight marinade, can I still boil the chicken when its been marinated or do I marinate after the boil, before baking?

submitted by /u/KA12293
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3okY7wV

Comments