Should I get a flat or round bottom wok for use with induction cooking?

I recently got a Nuwave induction unit from a family member, and wondered if I can use it with a round-bottomed wok, or if I need to stick with flat-bottom instead. I currently have a 12” aluminum flat (which won’t work with induction) so I’m looking at replacing it with one that will work for induction cookery.

My concern is that if I get around bottom, it won’t have enough area in contact with the cooktop to heat up the entire walk… Or should I just let it sit until the whole thing heats up? I was thinking a walk would be the perfect type of pan for induction cooking, since it seems like induction will let me get the temperature higher than my standard electric range can go. Or am I off-base?

If anyone could lend me a hand determining what type to buy, it would definitely be appreciated.

submitted by /u/diverareyouok
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/34LI5FH

Comments