"Remove Probe" message on oven

Came home today and the power was off on just my oven. I flipped the breaker for it, and it turned back on, but now anything I try to press to bake will just give me the message "remove probe". It's a jenn-air, but I don't even own a probe that goes in it. Based on my googling, I assume the probe is this little screw hole on the right side?

I tried cleaning inside with a q tip and some vinegar, but that didn't do anything. Is there anything to do to just shut that off? Or is the probe what tells the entire oven its temperature even if you don't have the plug in part? It's really stressing me out if this is a huge fix for some weird part of the oven we don't use.

submitted by /u/the_dayman
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/383XqmN

Comments