My Penne Pasta Chicharonnes turned out burnt and awful. Anyone have a clue on what could've happened?

Here's the video.

I followed Emmymadeinjapan's technique and recipe on YouTube where you boil the pasta until well done, strain it and dehydrate it for 12 hours.

I followed the recipe and when 12 hours passed I checked the pasta in my Toaster oven set to the lowest temperature and they came out looking dark brown rather than a light yellowish brown like in her video. It didn't smell burnt so I continued to cook with it.

I set my oil on the highest temperature and when I put the pasta in, it didn't puff it like I thought it would. It was burnt and awful and such a waste of pasta. For those wondering I used Unico Branded Penne Pasta. I suspect that the Semolina flour burned when it was dehydrating but I'm not too sure.

submitted by /u/Cookie_Oreo
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/380SnUb

Comments