Can I swap just the container part of a whipped cream dispenser?

I like soda water more than whipped cream, but I've read a few articles about how whipped cream dispensers can do everything soda siphons can and more, so I'd like to get one for the flexibility but use it mainly to make soda. Problem is, most low-end whipped cream dispensers are only 500mL/1 pint. It seems like the 1 quart/1 Liter ones are mostly high-end and so they coast significantly more.

I'd like to be able to go back and forth and use a smaller container for whipped cream but a larger one for soda, so that I don't waste CO2 on small amounts of soda water but can still make reasonable sized batches of whipped cream. Is there any way to accomplish that without buying two whole dispensers?

I know you can buy just the head, is it possible to buy just the base?

Or are there (steel, sturdy) water bottles that could be used instead of the container that comes with the dispenser?

Any other tips on using a whipped cream dispenser as a soda siphon?

Sorry for my ignorance. Please and thanks for any advice!

submitted by /u/BreathingExorcism
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/2VmsGXe

Comments