What would cause chili to have an aftertaste?

I made some for a casserole thing today and it was good except after i was finished eating there was this weird aftertaste i couldn’t pinpoint that lingered for a bit. The ingredients were:

1 pound of ground beef 1 yellow onion 2 tablespoons cumin, chili powder, and sugar 1 tablespoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon onion powder and salt 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 1/4 teaspoon cayenne 2 cups of beef broth 2 tablespoons tomato paste 1 cup of red kidney beans

I just brown the meat and like half way through that i added the onion. Afterwards I stirred in the tomato paste and for maybe 2 minutes to get rid of the bitterness and then same for the seasonings. I added the broth and let reduce for a while and then about 15 minutes before it was done I added the beans.

I know I didn’t give much details for what the taste was but honestly I have no clue what it could be, it’s delicious apart from that.

submitted by /u/Regular_Drink
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3ecWjCI

Comments