Homemade pickles, jars didn't seal can I keep them at room temperature?

I made about 40 pickle jars with one time use canning jars (they can be used and sealed more than once but that's not advisable, one cracked on me the third time I tried to seal it) but not a single one actually sealed. What should I do, I'm planning to sell them in about a week and I don't know if there is a way to seal them another time without affecting the crunch of the pickle.

This is what I did, I salted the cucumbers, onions, and bell peppers with a lot of sea salt and let that sit for about 25 minutes, washed my jars and lids, heat up the vinegar brine mixture (vinegar and water) when the brine was almost boiling I turned it off, stuffed the jars with the veggies and spices and poured the really hot vinegar over then cleaned the rim and closed the lid and flipped the jar upside down to cool. (This had worked for me before).

What should I do?

submitted by /u/msslgomez
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/35QLYJ6

Comments