Help with toum (thickened garlic sauce)

Hi guys, I’m having trouble getting it really thick thick. I’m working at a cafe where we do a pretty big volume of this stuff, I’ve been shown by the kitchen manager how to do it twice and I can do it semi successfully, but it still comes out as a very thick goopy sauce rather than a stiff substance like hers does and I’m at my wits end. The process and recipe is as such: 3 cups garlic 6 cups oil 1.5 cups lemon join Salt Xantham gum

Pulse garlic, salt, xantham gum until it forms a paste Quickly add 1 cup of oil, then alternate slowly between lemon juice and oil (she instructs in counts of about 10 seconds each) and to wait between alternating

I’ve been watching online recipes and they do it very slowly, where she seems to go a decent amount faster than they do and still see success. I’m lost! It’s maddening. I’m really not trying to screw up a bunch of their product. Will blending it for a period once I’ve added the oil whip any further air into it, or am I risking doing the opposite?

Thanks for any help

submitted by /u/metalshoes
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/31XuB86

Comments