Stir-frying zucchini

I love zucchini and squash, but I have a love-hate relationship with it because it seems like whenever I try to do something like you'd get at a hibachi place (onions, squash, mushrooms), it always just turns out mushy and there's quite a bit of liquid in it, and I don't add anything except oil at the start; I want to add butter like they do on teppanyaki grills but it always just seems to again turn out too watery and bleh. Some stir-fries I can just add some cornstarch to and it thickens it up like a sauce but I can't figure out why this is happening - the chefs at these places don't seem to have to deal with it!

(Background - usually cooking in either a large pot or a frying pan, mostly the pot so I can put a lot in at one time.)

submitted by /u/tachycardicIVu
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/349WmdV

Comments