How can I make wasabi peas crisp but not hard?

So I've been trying to make wasabi peas (actually with much less of that coating, so more like these in texture) but can't get them to be both crisp AND not-rock-hard.

I soaked dry peas and boiled them until they were soft enough to chew, then tossed them in oil, spices and flour and tried roasting or frying them. In either case, if the water evaporated enough then they seemed to return to their original rock-hard state.

I saw that one of the few recipes online called for freeze-dried peas, which I don't have. Is it possible to use dried peas, or do they always use freeze-dried peas in the mass production?

submitted by /u/startdancinho
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/346sAXJ

Comments