Emergency chicken help!

I had a bunch of chicken thighs submerged in olive oil in the oven for the last 3 hours to make a big batch of chicken confit. I just took them out of the oven and realized I have a big problem! There were two big trays of the oil and chicken in the oven, and I only have space in the fridge for two trays. Recipes online were saying to remove the chicken (or duck) to a plate to cool and if you wanted to store them, put them in a container and top with fat. So I am wondering if I need to have a tray in the fridge of the chicken, and then tray #1 of fat, and tray #2 of fat, but am I able to just put the trays of chicken and oil directly into the fridge once they have cooled, or will that make the chicken greasy at all once I take them out to reheat and serve tomorrow.

TL:DR, can chicken (or duck) confit be placed into the fridge in the dish that it was cooked in, once cooled, or do you need to remove the meat, strain the fat, and then submerge in the strained fat?

submitted by /u/Sivy17
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2EyypnS

Comments