Why does Indian Spice hit different?

I'm not afraid of spicy food but one-time I had some buffalo wings that were so hot that I tasted them with my whole body. I was shaking uncontrollably, snot was running down my face and I felt like I had been punched in the stomach.

Tonight I had some Indian food. I asked them to make it hot. They asked if I meant it, I said yes.

On a scale of 1-10 it was less spicy than a jalapeno. The burn was a really slow build up that didn't linger long once I was done eating. However, I had a similar but not as extreme physical reaction to the heat. Out of no where my whole body would shudder uncontrollably like I would expect it too if I was eating something 20x hotter.

Does anyone know why this happens?

submitted by /u/WACKY_ALL_CAPS_NAME
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/32MfDBL

Comments