Can someone help me improve my butter chicken? Came out a bit sour

Okay, I don’t know if sour is the word I would use. My butter chicken has a “tang” to it, as if I put too much yogurt. Almost like it’s the right flavor but instead of that sweet creamy butter chicken taste you expect, it’s more of a tangy creamy butter chicken. But the only yogurt I used was about a tbsp to marinate 2 chicken breasts so I know that’s probably not it since I cooked the chicken separately and it pretty much dried out afterwards.

One mistake I know I made was not letting the spices cook in the oil enough first before adding the tomato. Besides that, I didn’t have ginger garlic paste so just used garlic powder. Didn’t have coriander so I used culantro (aka Mexican coriander/long coriander) and didn’t have any fenugreek so left that out completely. Also it didn’t specify so I used all purpose cream but maybe I should’ve used heavy cream? Idk.

What I did: marinated chicken breasts with garam masala, chili powder, salt, natural plain yogurt, oil, and pinch of garlic

Made sauce using butter, onions, garlic, tomato sauce, culantro, cumin powder, garam masala, chili powder

Added chicken and then added somewhere between 1/4 - 1/3 cup of cream, tossed some fresh culantro on at the end.

submitted by /u/throwaway027472981
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/34LY86U

Comments