Can I save a soupy tiramisu?

So it's my first time attempting my mom's tiramisu recipe.

It's been a love hate this past week as I've been trying to make a larger version of it for my her birthday coming up. However, it's been a huge flop. The recipe is for a freestanding tiramisu cake which uses gelatin, but I've been having a hard time finding the exact timing to incorporate the gelatin without it clumping on me and not firming at all.

I'm about 3 tubs of marscapone into this, with only success doing them in really small batches.

I've listed the information below, please let me know if this doesn't follow posting guidelines, I will revise!

INGREDIENTS:

9pc Yolk

100g Sugar (bowl 1)

450g Whipping Cream (33%)

100g Sugar (bowl 2)

450g Mascarpone Cheese

12g Gelatin

TLDR; I'm making a tiramisu for the first time with vague instructions as a surprise birthday cake for my mom, I screwed up. Is there anything I can do with my failure and how do I add gelatin properly?

Questions: - how do I salvage a soupy tiramisu? Is it even salvagable? - when is the best timing to add gelatin to the tiramisu cream for setting in a cake? - Should I use leaf gelatin over powdered?

Edited for grammer

submitted by /u/aiko707
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2EDbk3w

Comments