Baking Soda Taste Sensitivity Fix?

Okay, so I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I noticed over the last few months that I seem to be weirdly sensitive to the tinny-ness (tinniness?) of baking soda. Among others, I've tried King Arthur's English muffin bread, BA's pretzel focaccia, and just now TWO different honeycomb recipes (the second with greatly reduced baking soda) where it's so metallic I can barely stand it myself, let alone give it to a coworker as planned. Thing is, my boyfriend always seems unbothered by it, so I have no idea if he and I have different levels of reception to it or he just doesn't care or mind. Either way, if anyone has any solutions I would GREATLY appreciate them! It's kind of driving me crazy.

submitted by /u/breadburn
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/31zQZon

Comments