What does it take to “get good” in a kitchen environment- namely as an exec chef

Hey everyone! I’m a 17 yr old new and learning line cook and I’m really interested in diving into the industry once I graduate and one thing in particular has made me very anxious... how do most head chefs or just more experienced cooks know so much? I’m able to ask my chef the whys and how’s and he is able to bring everything “down to a boil” on how it all works... hehe.. anyways, I just am so curious how he is able to come up with recipes or know how to make different things in general. Does it take learning it in a previous job or home experience or what?!

submitted by /u/joergenssaddle
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2P7zDZ0

Comments