Understanding and modifying this marinated fried chicken recipe for sous vide

Hi all,

I've made this southeast asian fried chicken recipe numerous times, and it's always spectacular. Frying chicken is such a pain though, so I was hoping to SV a large batch so I can spend less time frying (or fry over multiple days, maybe even SV->freeze->thaw->fry?)

Could I get some help understanding the recipe? For instance, what does the large amount of corn starch do? Also, how should I modify this for SV? Should I marinate before or after SV?

I tried SV after marinating overnight, and the marinade turned into a thick paste sticking to the meat that I had to wipe off before frying. The end result was great, but I am wondering if I could/should change anything. Thanks.

submitted by /u/tofuking
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/331r4Ha

Comments