Lighter fluid smell boiling water in stainless steel

I purchased a 3qt stainless steel pot a couple of months ago from Walmart. Not the best quality but not the worst. I haven’t had any problems whatsoever and use it twice a day at least to boil water for my French press. Today while boiling the water it began to smell in the whole room like lighter fluid. That’s the closet I can come to in figuring out what it smelled like. It was very chemical smelling. I stopped the boiling and it went away. I boiled again and it started. I boiled with a different pain and no smell. So it’s the pot. I even went over and took a big sniff over the boiling water and it was so strong. What in the world could this be? It’s not coated. Says it’s stainless steel, although it is very light and thin. No plastic handle either. The whole thing is stainless steel. This is really bothering me so any help is appreciated!

submitted by /u/Kymrudy
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/3fcJFTq

Comments