Using Molasses for Brown Sugar Syup

I've been really into making boba recipes and recently I've been trying to make a syrup with a mix of brown sugar and white sugar. I read that brown sugar is basically just white sugar and molasses, so I wanted to try and make a brown sugar syrup by just mixing simple syrup (white sugar and water boiled together) and molasses. It ended up working out ok, but there was really strong medicinal flavor to it that a normal brown sugar syrup does not have.

So, my question is, is there a way to get rid of the medicine-like flavor from molasses? I was thinking about boiling the syrup a little or just using less of the molasses. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I used Grandma's original unsulphured molasses if that matters.

submitted by /u/ggjj88
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2BXSxOs

Comments