Do any food in jars can be preserved?

Well thats basically it, I looked for other posts in the subreddit but nobody asked this specifically.

I want to make some Anko (it's a japanese sort of jam made from azuki beans), some quince marmalade, and other stuff but I'm not sure if it's ok to preserve all these like you'd preserve a normal jam (you make the jam, sterilise the jar, put the jam in and then the jar in a pot, fill it with water and let it boil for like 30 mins, at least thats what I've learned from watching videos and reading a few pages)

I have some used jars from marmalade I bought in the market, I know I shouldn't use them more than 2 times, so the second would be the Anko, is it ok if this second use is a long one? I mean if I sterilise and everything, it will last the same time as a new jar?

submitted by /u/EonJah
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2BKGsMu

Comments