Meat quality for meal prep?

Hi,

I meal prep on Sundays or Mondays with the intention of storing the meals in my fridge and reheating in my microwave throughout the week (5 lunches and 4 dinners).

For lunch I’ve been eating chopped chicken thighs (greatly prefer thighs over breasts) + brown rice and for dinner salmon filet + brown rice.

I pick up 4 6-8oz salmon filets and 40oz (2.5lbs) of boneless, skinless chicken thighs from the grocery store (prepackaged, Trader Joes). I marinade both the salmon and the chicken thighs with different recipes to keep it interesting. Usually cooked on a cast iron on the stove.

My question is would it make a noticeable difference for microwave meal prep going to a butcher and fish market to pick up higher quality chicken thighs and salmon? Are prices for more common cuts terribly more expensive?

Never bought from a meat or fish market before.

Thanks

submitted by /u/la727
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2TRT5eU

Comments