How to stop rice from turning gummy?

Hey there, so I have had a massive hankering for Fried Rice with everywhere closed down. So I though I'd make my own! Unfortunately, what I make is not nearly as crisp as what you'd find in a chinese restaurant. Tastes great, but every time I make it, my rice ends up kind of like a mushy paste-like substance.

I was wondering if you all could point me to what I'm doing wrong to keep my rice from being all mushy/gummy? After I cook it, I set it in the fridge in a glass bowl for anywhere from a few hours to a day to get it prepped for Fried Rice, and it looks like all the liquid is gone from the pot when I remove it. Is it too much water? Not letting it dry long enough? Or something else?

submitted by /u/KaitoKazuma
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/36Hf7pS

Comments