How should I be adding water to tahini?

I'm trying to make a tahini vinaigrette.

The recipe simply states to add a 1/4 cup water to 3/4 cup tahini.

I shook the tahini jar around and stirred it so it was already very pourable and a good consistency.

I then added the water (all at once, probably should have done it slowly) and it immediately broke into this oily pasty sludge.

The internet basically says to whip the hell out of it, but there's no way that's happening with the state its in right now.

Iv also seen people saying keep adding water until its the right consistency but I don't want to throw off the rest of the dressing?

What are you supposed to do, how do I fix it?

submitted by /u/fozz179
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2AT6UTN

Comments