What is the bad smell that comes from cooking mince?

This is not a food safety question to be clear, I'm talking about fresh mince.

I'm fine with the smell of raw mince, but whenever I saute it, the bad smell comes out. I have to saute it extra to get that smell gone and make sure it's not in the final dish. I've had dishes made by other people in which the smell remained in the final product.

I'm curious as to what causes that smell, is it the fat content? The beef I use has 5% fat. I have tried meat from different butchers and supermarkets and the smell is always there, with varying degrees. Would increasing/decreasing the fat content help with the smell?

submitted by /u/Xanimede
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/3aO0UIu

Comments