Question about chillis

I got about 200 grams of these bad boys on a whim at the supermarket a few hours ago and I've been trying to figure out what to do with them (where I'm from spicy food is not common), and stumbled upon Texas style chilli con carne (no beans) which seems right up my alley.

Now, I'm not really used to eating spicy food so I'd like the spiciness to be in the mild range. How much of these should I use if i were to follow Kenji's recipe here for example?

While I'm at it, two more questions:

- These were sold to me as just chillis, is there an actual name for them?

- What'd be the best way to store the unused chillis? frozen? fermented?

submitted by /u/pochoclo_de_manteca
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2W8tHly

Comments