Can I replace 1 egg for xanthan gum?

I’m making a Gluten Free Lemon Bread, and the recipe calls for 3 eggs. I’ve made a banana bread recipe this past week and 3 eggs ended up making the loaf taste too egg-like and too moist/dense. I’m not sure if this is how gluten free things just taste, or if it was one too many eggs. I was wondering if I could replace 1 out of 3 eggs with xanthan gum or omit it entirely?

Here is the recipe I’m trying to make:

1 1/2 cups almond flour 1/4 cup coconut flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking soda 3 large eggs 1/4 cup honey 1/4 cup coconut oil measured as a liquid 1/2 cup lemon juice from 3 lemons zest of 2 lemons 1/4 cup almond milk or dairy free milk of choice

The banana recipe I made is:

3 ripe bananas 3 eggs ½ cup almond butter 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted 1/2 Cups almond flour 2T coconut flour ½ teaspoon cinnamon 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Maybe it’s the fact that the banana recipe has less flour and so the eggs made it too eggy/dense tasting? I’m trying to avoid the same problem with the lemon bread.

Do you guys think I should leave 3 eggs since this one has more flour, sub 1 for xanthan gum, or only use 2 to avoid the eggy taste issue?

submitted by /u/plumppintage
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/2KDOB6X

Comments