Cacio e Pepe and Aglio e Olio

I am a very amateur/poor chef that's learning how to cook while stuck at home, and I decided I wanted to learn to make some good pasta dishes. Following 2 of my favorite food youtubers J. Kenji Lopez-Alt and Babish, I've been attempting to make the above pastas.

My problem is that the sauce just doesnt reach the nice, creamy, coaty-kind of texture and instead I get.... no sauce? It's like all the water boils off and there's nothing, but if I add more pasta water I feel like its just gonna be more and more watered down, and they all taste bland as hell already.

To be honest, I think since aglio e olio is just coating the noodle in olive oil it's ok, but for cacio e pepe I get 0 creaminess and 0 sauce. My gut feeling is that I have too much starchy water and not nearly enough oil+cheese but... help please???

submitted by /u/ho_ho_ho_your_boat
[link] [comments]

from A place to become a better cook and share your culinary knowledge https://ift.tt/3bKOrq8

Comments